Land Use Office

The Land Use Department is responsible for ensuring that all properties in the Township of Wall are developed and maintained in accordance with Township, State, and Federal land use regulations. The Land Use Office serves as the office of the Township Engineer, the Code Enforcement Officer, the Planning Board, and the Zoning Board of Adjustment.


If you are a resident looking to perform any interior or exterior renovations (including additions, patios, decks, fences, pools, exterior generators, exterior a/c units, sheds, gazebos, cabanas, driveways, walkways or any other structures) your first step is to submit a Residential Zoning Permit Application.  A member of the Land Use team will review the permit and advise you if the work can be done or if additional approvals are required.

If you are looking to build a new home on a property, your first step is to submit a New Home Zoning Permit Application, to determine if any additional approvals are required.


If you are establishing a new or relocated business in Wall Township, or have an existing business that you are looking to expand or alter, you should visit the Land Use Office to determine if your use or proposed construction is permitted.  Your first step if you are a new or relocated business is to submit a Transfer  Permit Application.  Upon review of this application, A member of the land use team will advise you as to whether your business is permitted within the zone by permit or if further approvals from the Planning Board or Zoning Board are necessary.

If you are a new or existing business looking perform interior or exterior renovations, proposing a change in signage, or proposing an outdoor sale or display your first step is to submit a Commercial Zoning Permit Application for review to determine whether the permit can be issued or if further approvals are required.