Vital Statistics

How to request a Certified Copy of a Vital Record

The Wall Township Registrar maintains records of all births, marriages, civil unions and deaths that have occurred in Wall Township. Certified copies are only available to the individual on the requested record, individual's parents, current spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, legal guardian or legal representative. Wall Township does not issue Certifications, which do not contain a raised seal.

For your convenience certified copies can be requested by mail. Pleasmaile include a check or money order payable to the Township of Wall ($20.00 per copy) with proper identification. Please submit your request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, a copy of photo identification, all required documents, and a check or money order to Wall Township Attn: Registrar P.O. Box 1168 Wall, NJ 07719.  Please note that any applications for certified copies that are submitted in-person will be processed the following business day.

Who can perform a marriage or civil union ceremony? 

Each judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, each judge of a federal district court, United States magistrate, judge of a municipal court, judge of the Superior Court, judge of a tax court, retired judge of the Superior Court or Tax Court, or judge of the Superior Court or Tax Court, the former County Court, the former County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, or the former County District Court who has resigned in good standing, surrogate of any county, county clerk and any mayor or the deputy mayor when authorized by the mayor, or chairman of any township committee or village president of this State, and every minister of every religion, are hereby authorized to solemnize marriages or civil unions between such persons as may lawfully enter into the matrimonial relation or civil union; and every religious society, institution or organization in this State may join together in marriage or civil union such persons according to the rules and customs of the society, institution or organization.

Link to Entering Into a Marriage or Civil Union in New Jersey online brochure (PDF)